Tis the season to travel and read! Whether you're going by plane or train, the holiday season means we spend a lot of time in transit. I find this time of year gives me a unique space to catch up on reading!
When I'm not reading the latest non-fiction bestseller, I enjoy catching up on the industry news. Wondering what you should download before you head to the airport? Here are some of my go-to sources:
- POLITICO TipSheets: From health to tax news, POLITICO has great daily publications for every interest group. Peruse this list and you'll be sure to find at least one relevant tip sheet for your advocacy work.
- Think With Google: This Google blog is a must for anyone trying to reach their audience digitally. It has a consumer focus, but you can certainly apply their trend analyses and market insights to your strategy.
- CauseVox: CauseVox offers great fundraising tips for nonprofits of every size. They have tons of tips on donor cultivation, keeping your advocates engaged, and making an impact with every dollar you receive.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy: A more wide-ranging publication, The Chronicle of Philanthropy covers practically every aspect of operating a nonprofit. You can even sign up for Philanthropy Today to get articles delivered straight to your inbox.
- Nonprofit Radio: If you prefer a podcast, Nonprofit Radio is perfect for you. Tony Martignetti hosts this popular radio show. With plenty of special guests and experts, you're bound to learn something with every episode.
- Not looking for blogs or more emails? How about more influencers on Twitter? Subscribing to this Twitter list of nonprofit experts from Capterra can help you stay up to date on the latest advocacy trends.
What's on your reading list? Tell us in the comments. And, don't forget to include the resources at Digital Advocacy Institute on your list if you haven't checked them out already!